For admission into programmes of study at the Durban University of Technology, DUT for any first degree or second degree, an applicant must have the following requirements for a successful admission.
DURBAN UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
Below is the 2019 DUT admission information that contains the admission requirement needed for admission into Durban University of Technology, DUT.
- The minimum entrance requirements for admission to the DUT for a South African applicant is a Senior Certificate or a recognized equivalent qualification. Over and above the minimum entrance requirements, each department also sets specific entrance requirements.
- With effect from 1 January 2009 the following are the entrance requirements :
- a National Senior Certificate (NSC) as certified by Umalusi Council for Quality Assurance in General and Further Education and Training provided that a minimum of 4 recognised NSC 20-credit subjects must be passed.
- These four subjects must:
- include English with an achievement rating of 3 or better;
- not exceed 2 official languages; and
- have an achievement rating of 3 or better, in accordance with the NSC levels of achievement below:
- International applicants are required to check the International Brochure for detailed information on the admission process.
DUT Undergraduate Prospectus 2019 / 2020 – Durban University of Technology
DUT undergraduates prospectuses for 2019 / 2020 are available to you in downloadable (pdf) and click below to read full module details for each degree programme.
The 2020 DUT prospectus introduces you to life at Durban University of Technology (DUT), describing the campus and detailing the services, admission requirements and facilities that the university provides for students. Details of all undergraduate programmes are provided.